Fernando Alonso has ruled out leaving Ferrari despite another year of frustration with the Scuderia and the flattery of McLaren making their interest in re-signing him public.
Two weeks on from a thrilling race at Spa-Francorchamps, the Formula One paddock moves on to historic Monza where the cars are expected to reach the highest speeds seen all year. Those involved in the Formula 1 Gran Premio d’Italia 2014 discuss their prospects…
McLaren driver and former Formula 1 world champion Jenson Button turns driving instructor as he puts Real Madrid’s star striker Cristiano Ronaldo through his paces on the racetrack
YouTube Preview Image
McLaren’s Eric Boullier, Racing Director; Jonathan Neale, COO & Acting CEO; and John Allert, Group Brand Director, take part in the #ALSIceBucketChallenge. Looks a bit chilly!
Honda have confirmed they will make their F1 return at next year’s Jerez Test, which is likely to be held at the start of February.
Honda is open to supplying customer teams in Formula 1 from 2016, after confirming it will be exclusive McLaren partners for just one season
While Mercedes have been dominating Formula One racing this year, Honda’s preparations for their 2015 F1 return with McLaren have been ramping up behind closed doors. As they enter the final few months of development, we caught up with Honda’s motorsport chief Yasuhisa Arai to discuss current progress, the relationship with Woking, and why Honda are confident of a triumphant comeback
Get set for the 2014 Italian Grand Prix with the official McLaren Formula 1 Race Preview. Read it here.
McLaren Executive Director Ron Dennis admitted that the Woking outfit isn’t in a position to attract the top names in Formula One at the moment…
Ron Dennis says McLaren will always chase the best F1 drivers available but concedes the team is “not in a position to do that at the moment”
Ron Dennis says McLaren will always chase the best F1 drivers available but concedes the team is not in a position to do that at the moment
It feels as though Formula 1 has rolled through Europe and barely taken its foot off the throttle – apart from the odd new face here or there, nothing seems to have really changed. Is the 2014 season really readying itself for one last European hurrah before the start of that (increasingly lengthy) final drag that leads us to Abu Dhabi, the double-points denouement that Bernie Ecclestone so hopes …
Sergio Perez is wary of saying he will stay with Force India in 2015 following his experience with McLaren last year
Ron Dennis insists he is “satisfied” with Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen, but stresses McLaren “will always make efforts to hire the best drivers available”..
Ron Dennis has made clear that McLaren will make efforts to sign “the best drivers available” after rumours of approaches to Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso have surfaced again this week
Jenson Button’s future is uncertain after McLaren boss Ron Dennis said on Thursday he was monitoring other leading drivers who might become available.
The ill-timed comments resulted in Button firing back that the whole McLaren team, who haven’t had a win in 18 months, needed to try harder
As the summer movements in the driver market revolve around McLaren’s efforts to attract either Fernando Alonso or Sebastian Vettel into the Woking fold, Mercedes bosses have confirmed that they will not enter into any talks with Lewis Hamilton about a new contract for 2016 until his increasingly fraught battle for the 2014 World Championship has been resolved.
Ron Dennis has made clear that McLaren are “keeping an eye” on the contract movements of a “few other drivers” currently racing for rival teams as the Woking outfit continue to mull whether they stick or twist with their current line-up for 2015 and beyond.
Button admits this season could be his last in Formula One Fernando Alonso believed to be top of McLarens wanted listJenson Button could be forced to retire from Formula …
Ron Dennis says he’s satisfied with the performance of Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen in 2014, but confirms that McLaren is keeping its options open on future driver choice as it enters the Honda era. The names of Fernando Alonso, … Continue reading →
McLaren are confident of challenging the likes of Red Bull by the time the Singapore Grand Prix takes place at the end of September…
Jenson Button’s future in Formula 1 remains uncertain, with McLaren standing firm it will not open talks with him until it knows what Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso are doing.
Jenson Button admits he may be forced to retire from F1 at the end of the season if he’s not offered a new McLaren contract
McLaren is making a final push to convince Sebastian Vettel or Fernando Alonso to lead the team in its new Honda era, AUTOSPORT has learned.
Jenson Button is contemplating the prospect of retiring from Formula One at the end of the season, but is determined to do everything he can to stay in the sport if possible
Jenson Button admits that he may have no option but to quit Formula One if he isn’t offered a new contract by McLaren…
McLaren have not scored a victory since 2012 – a long barren spell for a team with eight constructors’ championship trophies in their cabinet – and this season they’ve seen a driver on the podium just once. So how are Ron Dennis’s plans to return his team to winning ways really progressing – and will those plans continue to involve Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen? We spoke to the McLaren Group CEO to find out
McLaren thinks a major update programme that kicks off at the Singapore Grand Prix could lift it on terms with Red Bull by the end of the 2014 Formula 1 season.
Eric Boullier says that McLaren is in no hurry to confirm its future line-up because the team is planning for the long term. Despite Jenson Button’s close relationship with Honda neither of the current drivers is guaranteed a race seat … Continue reading →
McLaren have vowed to take their time over their driver line-up with Eric Boullier saying they are working on a strategy for the next few years…
Which F1 driver are you? Take the McLaren Driver Quiz to find out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              …
Briton suggests he may retire from F1 at end of season if Spaniard returns to former team and takes his seat
Eric Boullier has stressed that McLaren’s ongoing long-term planning over their driver line-up has to take priority even if their current pairing of Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen understandably feel “uncomfortable” over their 2015 plans.
Jenson Button’s Formula 1 career is doubt as his team McLaren continue their pursuit of Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
Eric Boullier admits McLaren junior Stoffel Vandoorne’s recent form suggests he may be ready for a step up to Formula One in 2015, though he is not ruling out another season in GP2 for the Belgian
McLaren is formulating a three-to-five year driver plan and has told its drivers they will have to wait before learning whether they will be included
McLaren is weighing up 2015 Formula 1 options for its junior driver Stoffel Vandoorne, but has not ruled out keeping him in GP2 for another season
McLaren racing director Eric Boullier has said that he understands if Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen feel “uncomfortable” about their futures, but insists that it is right that the team takes its time in deciding its 2015 driver line-up. The Woking-based squad are set to start a new long-term partnership with Honda next season – a factor that Boullier indicated was key to McLaren’s thinking going forwards
McLaren racing director Eric Boullier has said that he understands if Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen feel “uncomfortable” about their futures, but insists that it is right that the team takes its time in deciding its 2015 driver line-up. The Woking-based squad are set to start a new long-term partnership with Honda next season – a factor that Boullier indicated was key to McLaren’s thinking going forwards
McLaren racing director Eric Boullier admits the uncertainty over the team’s future F1 driver line-up is “uncomfortable” for Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen
Jenson Button believes the battle for the title is no longer a clean fight and that Lewis Hamilton deserves to be beating Nico Rosberg
Martin Whitmarsh’s gardening leave period is finally over with McLaren confirming he has left the team…
Ex-team principal Martin Whitmarsh has finally parted company with McLaren, the team has confirmed
McLaren has confirmed that Martin Whitmarsh has officially left the company after being replaced as F1 team principal earlier this year
Kevin Magnussen insists that there is no point worrying about his F1 future at McLaren, preferring to focus on his on-track performance instead.
Martin Whitmarsh leaves his role as team principal at McLaren after 24 years working for the Formula 1 team.
Whitmarsh departs after more than 24 years of service Ron Dennis reappointed McLaren chief executive McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen interview with Paul WeaverMartin Whitmarsh has officially parted company with …
McLaren have confirmed that former Team Principal Martin Whitmarsh has finally left the company.
Lewis Hamilton has received some support from his former team-mate Jenson Button with the McLaren driver admitting he is feeling sorry for him…